There's nothing quite like exploring North Carolina on a motorcycle. From the Blue Ridge Parkway through majestic tree-covered mountains to rolling hills to the low-lying coastal plains, the Tar Heel state offers motorcyclists views like no other. At Allen Insurance Agency, we're here to help you get you the motorcycle insurance you need so you can enjoy your time out on the road as much as possible.
Give us a call when you're ready to get started! In the meantime, here's what you need to know about motorcycle insurance in North Carolina:
State Insurance Laws
Just like in many other states, motorcycle insurance is a requirement in North Carolina. If you are caught riding out on public roads without it, you could face some severe fines. While there are many different levels of insurance coverage for motorcyclists, you must at least meet basic state minimums:
- At least $30,000 in bodily injury per person
- At least $60,000 in bodily injury per incident
- At least $25,000 in property damage per incident
Now, while these are the required state minimums, it is important to realize that these may not necessarily be sufficient. Many accident situations end up costing a lot more both in personal damages and those caused to anyone else involved. Talk with us about your riding habits, so we can help determine what kind of coverage would best suit you.
Motorcycle Insurance Tips
In order to get the most out of your insurance policy and keep unexpected costs from arising, it's important to do the following:
- Maintain a clean riding/driving record
- Keep your motorcycle license and registration up to date
- Do not let others ride your motorcycle (but please talk with us if you are interested in adding another person to your policy)
- Only go with a reputable insurance provider (like the experts at Allen Insurance Agency)
Ready to get started? Give us a call or visit the Allen Insurance Agency offices today!